Saturday 21 January 2017

Miniature Wargames Issue 406 - Article

As most of you regular readers know I do a bit of Freelancing as a Wargames journalist from time-to-time... after all, I love this hobby and so it is nice to be able to give something back to the wider community on occasion.


Usually I write for Wargames, Soldiers and Strategy Magazine, but this month I have an article appearing in the recently relaunched/revamped Miniature Wargames

I have been an avid reader of this magazine for well over a decade so it is a real privilege to finally be able to contribute to such an excellent publication.


This article is entitled "Copying the Copycats" and it is a piece that explores how we as gamers can draw inspiration from other sources/mediums in order to enhance and develop our own gaming experience. 


I really enjoyed writing this piece as it gave me some significant food for thought in relation to my own current hobby activities and has given me some interesting ideas for a few projects for 2017!

 All of the pictures in the piece are mine and the models are predominantly drawn from my Terminator: Genysis and Fallout collections. The one notable exception is the red super-mutant fighting my Brotherhood of Steel Knight in the bottom centre... this rather vicious looking beastie was painted by JB (Asslessman) and the photograph is taken from our massive, multiplayer Fallout game that took place at Bringout Your Lead/Oldhammer Day way back in 2015.

I urge you to pick up a copy and give it a read; the magazine is really good since its revitalisation and I think it is an indesipensible hobby tool!

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment